Thursday, August 31, 2006

Off white, victorian white, cream, ecru, and?

I am making a pair of gloves for my father in cream Hauk, by Dale of Norway, the pattern is from Schachenmayr book #72 S 2, titled Inspiration.

It doesn't seem to be a manly color, but it is just plain natural colored wool. I could not get any other color at the time from my lys. So far I am really enjoying the construction of the gloves, but it is hell on my hands. My hands have been swollen for two days now, and I guess they will probably be that way until I finish them. I might need to look into getting some plastic needles, or some clovers, or something that has some give to it. I have been using Boye aluminums in size three. I actually will have to get more needles, because of the fingers. Ihope to have them done soon!

No comments: