Saturday, August 26, 2006

remiss


I have been very lax in keeping my promise to myself about my blog. I don't do it for the satisfaction of anyone reading it, I just like having a place to vent. And to show my work. I don't have much else going on right now in the way of leaving the house, but I have been busy. I have been comissioned for a wedding, and I have a picture of the current dress I am working on. I really like the way it is going so far, but the pattern is incorrect for all of the layers you have to sew through. It makes the top layer shorte than the others and the bottom layer longer and then I have to trim it perfectly, and resew. Color is great, a shade of dusty rose in chantung, very silky. I think my cousin will be surprised when she puts the dress on for the first time. It is also much lighter than a store bought dress because lining can be bought very thin. I have been very inspired by this though, and I also watched marc jacobs on tv the other day, and loved his slip dress. I have to make some. In several differnt colors and then I have to make sweters to go with them.

No comments: