Sunday, August 27, 2006

purple bauble for a purple, wait no that's not right


I just finished a purple sweater for a baby, but I can't seem to find the right type of closure for it. I tried buttons, but the guage is so small that it really is a fight to get any button through it. It is the baby yoda sweater, and I like the pattern okay, but there are a couple of things that would or did change. The sleeve size was way too small to use in the original pattern so I added a few stitches to the sleeve, and if I were to do the patterns again, I would figure out how to do a smooth band of garter stitch along the front edge where there is border. (I added the border myself, I thought it looked too plain.) Other than that, it was a very well written pattern, and I don't remember where I got it from, but it was a pattern from someone's personal website. Please let me know who if you know so I can give them credit. The color is way off, but it shows what was done. More next time...

No comments: