Sunday, January 07, 2007

Christmas Catch-up


Okay, I have now a new picture to post.....of all my Christmas loot. My step-mother bought most of it, and I think that she tried to understand what I wanted, but she is not a knitter, so I guess that she will get a lot of things knitted with yarn I do not wear. I told her I like natural fibers. As you can see, that was not what happened. She did get a lot of yarn though. She got me two books, one that I really wanted and one that is very cute. She got me this year's edition of the Knitter's Calendar, and my Dad bought me the Stitch N Bitch knitting calendar. They also got me an Ashford drop spindle and three different colors of roving. I am pretty sure that they are all BFL wool. (Blue Faced Liecester?) It is supposed to the easiest to learn spinning with. I have already managed to spin a little. I cannot wait to make something and then wear it or give it to someone. I think that most of my family appreciates the value of something handmade because they are always asking me to teach them how to do this or that, (I usually give handmade gifts). I also bought myself two magazines and a book that was on clearance. The cotton fleece is the biggest mystery I need to find some short sleeved shirts to make out of it. I think I like the ones over at Zephyr designs... they are very cute and sassy. I will be losing a little bit of weight soon, so I am thinking about making the sized with only three skeins of Cotton Fleece. I hope that I will be thin soon enough to enjoy them.

1 comment:

Twiss And Weber said...

Stephanie, about your Christmas loot: YOU SCORED!

Please send me a picture of your Knit In Chunks, I'll do my best to diagnose it.

Cheers!