Sunday, June 11, 2006

Time to post!

I have made up my mind, that it is time to post, and I will have several new posts in the near future, because I have a couple of projects finished. I would also like to have a pair of gloves done before the end of hte month, only they do not go in the project spectrum guidelines. My Dad wanted a pair of gloves that had the first finger from the first nuckle up and the thumb from the middle nuckle up exposed. And since he lives in West Virginia, I thought it would be best to make them out of Dale Hauk, which is water resistant. I believe that it is not the only one, but I do know that it is the main ne that advertises. My LYS did not have any blue, so I got cream, and I am going to knit in a band of color, or a pattern of some sort. I finished the yellow and grey baby sweater, but I have no room left on my SD card, and my batteries are almost dead. I will post pics of it next time. I used a pattern off of magknits, but I did not use the heart pattern, and I put stripes in it. There are a few changes that I would make if I were to knit it again, the main one is that it would be so easy to knit the sleeves in the round, so I think I will give it a shot. I have at least two more baby sweaters to make for now, both girl, and both for this winter. I need to make sure that they are not too heavy.
In other news, I applied for an art teaching position in the public school arena, but was too late, however someone I know got it, her daughter used to go to the daycare that I currently manage, and she is a delightful woman who I am glad to lose to, if I have to lose. I have been meaning to write her a letter of congratulations, now she won't have to substitute anymore.
There is a guy at work, that I like, he doesn't actually work there, but has kids that come to our daycare. I think that he is good looking, but other than that I don't know anything else about him. The man is as elusive as a shadow. His kids have been going to the daycare for about three or four months, but I have only had the pleasure of talking to him about twice. I don't like to play games either, or I would make something up, but I think I will never get the chance to date him. I have only been trying to figure him out since I met him, and found out he was divorced.
Life has been busy, putting in applications is unnerving, and trying to make sure all of the details are right. I still need to put in some more. I think I might move if it helps. Teaching is what I want, next to knitting, so I am going to chase my dream. I'm out for now, talk at you later.