Monday, November 11, 2019

Gray Knitting Day

I didn't mean to be so literal in my title, but it is. It is now starting to look like winter outside, bleary gray skies, followed by slushy rain. The salt trucks and snow plows have officially left the barns for the first time this season and I do not really like to be outside anymore once that happens. It just means cold. I have gone back to working in knit, for now, I have made two other hats in the last month along with all of the baby blankets, and I am getting close to finishing, another made up pattern, it seems very flexible and stretchy and is made with an acrylic yarn from Premier that I am truly surprised with the softness and the texture. It is a chunky yarn, and I am knitting with size 10 Brittany needles. These are the ones that replaced my white Bakelite needles that popped in the middle of the last hat. I never recommend these needles enough. I forget, they are a silent favorite for me because after the initial grip wears off quickly, they are just as fast an convenient and slick as any of the other knitting needles that I have, and I am an Addi addict for the most part. But I have never been unhappy with a pair of Brittany needles. DPNs are my favorite for hat and glove and sock knitting, and sometimes sleeves. If you don't own a pair and have the opportunity to get some, do it, you will be pleased. Just remember the initial grit from the varnish texture wears off after about 1 hat. Then they are as slick as the nickels. And let me show you my progress...

No comments: