Sunday, May 07, 2006

I've been bad, verry, verrrrrry bad........


okay, I fell off of the project spectrum bandwagon. I am doing things all out of sorts, and when I do do something that goes in the guidelines, I rip it out because I don't like it. I tried to knit a hat and sweater from the mission falls book of knitting for kids and I used a different yarn and of course it turned out nothing like what I thought it would. But, I submit that it is not all my fault. The yarn that I used was a silk and wool blend by elsbeth lavold, (I think I butchered that), But the label said that it was for a size 6 needle and before I balled it, I thought that was a good estimate. After though, I knew it was iffy, and after I knit it up, Total Disaster. That yarn is best suited for a size 4 needle. If not smaller. And not only that, but the lady in the shop was right, it seems to have no life to the yarn. It is very limp and not plump. I do not know now what I will use it for considering it cost so much. It was $8 something a ball. Which to some people, is not so much.
In knew news I have been working on a raglan toddler sweater knit from the top down in yellow and grey stripes. I will post more pictures later.